Friday, November 20, 2009

Apples to Apples

Due to the economy, our special event budget has been drastically slashed. While many may see the variety of down sides to this, I have actually enjoyed the challenge of becoming a "recessionista". My most exciting role in the new budget conscious realm is becoming a florist! I meander down the road to Whole Foods, find the best colors in the array of whole sale flowers they provide and work away. I'm sure I look ridiculous on the floor of our small office, but it is a creative process for me and have learned to enjoy it.

Which brings me to the above photo. In late October, I found myself bored with JUST flowers. The color palette included browns, greens and yellows. A true fall combination. So, I considered my options in the Whole Foods flower section. Do I attempt a craft store run? Do I stick with the same flowers, flowers and more flowers? Or do I peruse the produce section?

As you can tell, my eyes went straight for the vibrant granny smith apples and you see the finished product. Playing with the balance of the arrangement was a challenge and I may have incorporated more than one apple next time, but all in all I think the amateur florist is finding her way. If not, the economy should be bouncing back some point soon?

Keep it Sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment