Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chelsey in Wonderland




In January of 2009, my good friends Chelsey and Justin got engaged in Charleston, SC. They have both been wonderful friends and I have had the opportunity to currently live about 30 miles away from them. While I don't nearly see them enough, it is always a fun when we get together. Last weekend was one of those opportunities. With only about two more months until their exchanging of vows, the bridesmaids (one of them being me!) of Chelsey Jean cordially invited Chelsey's nearest and dearest women in her life to attend a bridal shower.
Since invitations (one of my favorites things to do) were taken, I was put in charge of decor and favors. Having discussed with Chelsey her desire for a white, gold and silver color palette, I set to work. As seen above, I integrated an "Alice in Wonderland" theme for the favors. I wanted to give the option of favor because not everyone drinks champagne or likes sweets. I decided on mini champagne bottles, scrumptious cookies from Madhatter's Bake Shoppe and small compact
mirrors from Pier 1 Imports.
For decor, I used everything with her new initials. Chinese lanterns hung from the ceiling with gold initials hanging with them adorned with silver cut out butterflies. Her favorite flowers, hydrangeas and roses, were arranged in tea cups. Her chair had her new initials on it as well.
Everything from the food to the company was lovely, but the best part was that Chelsey was glowing. She is so incredibly excited to be married to the man of her dreams. And that, is what it is all about.
Keep it Sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment