Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweet Memories + Birthdays



Photography by Scott Faber Photography
In February, I got the fantastic opportunity to work with Donna Ford from Sweet Memories Bakery. I was initially introduced to Sweet Memories by attending a floral class at The Watered Garden (another incredible vendor for another day). Donna had graciously provided cupcakes for the class. And these were no ordinary cupcakes. These were fluffy and light cupcakes that boasted decadent royal icing about three inches high. Absolutely mouth watering.
When the time came to order a birthday cake for a particular basketball coach, my attention focused on Sweet Memories. I was lucky enough to venture over to Apex for a design and cake tasting meeting. It was AMAZING. From red velvet to almond to sweet potato (oddly enough, my favorite), the cakes had a rich, yet airy taste. I could not get enough. The design process was just as exciting. We recreated our invitation as the cake design and Donna cleverly embellished the four tier cake to make it the centerpiece of the event. More people took photos of the cake than anything else and I was more than pleased to see it appear on twitter pages and websites!
Executing events takes planning, organization and energy. However, I have learned that the most important aspect is utilizing great vendors. They can step up a good event to make it absolutely exceptional. Sweet Memories did just that!

Keep it Sunny!



No comments:

Post a Comment