Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mad Hatter

My fabulous friend just returned from a wedding in the beautiful country of Ireland. As two friends with a mutual obsession of wedding design, she automatically sent me the photos of the event. Perusing the photos, my eyes were drawn to the older women of the festivities. They donned one of my favorite accessories, the hat. It was quite surprising to me that none of the younger women used the accessory to show their own personal style. With the resurrection of the hat (think Sarah Jessica Parker), you would think they would embrace the tradition. Alas, no one under the age of 60 was befitted with a hat. And I say, "Shame on you". The hat is such a perfect way to be original. I think you may be able to even go outside of the traditional hat and go for a head piece or feathers. There is an air of romance in a head piece. I have decided that a Mad Hatter Tea Party may be my next venture... Why wait for a wedding across the pond? Of course I endorse wearing a hat to nuptials. As would I would encourage a bride to forego the traditional veil and give another tradition a try. I mean really...if Alice in Wonderland can do it, why can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment